Types of Cloud Applications
- Technical Computing
- Social Gaming
- Social Apps
Images: Blob Storage
- Data: Table Storage
- Data: SQL Azure
Scaling: App Fabric Cache
Authentication: ACS (Do this last so you don’t have to fuss with it during development.
Here are some issues that are commonly encountered by developers.
- Create your own
- Open ID
Begin with an inventory
- Let’s take this web application and put it into the cloud.
- Some kinds of SaaS, a simple app
- IT applications are siloed, but in the cloud applications can talk to one another
- IT was about taking care of the technology
- Now we are concerned with managing technology
- In the nineties, we had people thinking that PCs would replace IT
- But in the end, companies still need experts, but a different kind of expert.
- We need to be organized not around the technology, but around the services we provide
Don’t react to problems, first create a plan and then implement it. Virtualization and the cloud won’t solve a lot of problems.
- Inventory your services.
- Find places where you can succeed
- Start small
- Examine how things we run on the cloud versus run on a virtual machine or private cloud.
- Ultimately the cloud is just a computer in a new place
Free Invoicing for Freelancers: BillingBoss.com is a free online invoicing tool designed for small business owners and freelancers to create, send and