User your shared Evernote folder to share a document with me that describes how to create an environment variable called ELF_TEMPLATES.
Sign into Evernote
Create a new note in the Evernote folder you shared with me.
- Title: DosAlias Templates
- Tags: bc, prog219, setup, dosalias
- Content: Document the steps involved in creating the %ELF_TEMPLATES% environment variable.
When you are done, I want to be able to open up Evernote and see that you have:
- Create the note
- Titled and tagged it correctly
- Enter a reasonably complete description of how to follow the steps for creating %ELF_TEMPLATES%
NOTE: I wish the name ELF_TEMPLATES were shorter. I’m not using TEMPLATES because it seems too generic, too likely to be used by some other program. I want to be sure the variable is unique.
Open up %USERPROFILE%\Bin\DosAlias.bat in your editor of choice.
Be sure it contains the following lines near the top:
Save your work. At the command line run dosalias.
Check Your Work
At the command line type the following and confirm that it returns valid output.
Paste the output from the above commands into Evernote. For instance, on my system, the output from the last of the three commands looks like this:
This will likely look different on your system, but it should be clear what I want.
Turn it in
Press the submit button for your assignment. Include the name of your Evernote folder and the name of your document.