Here are various links, some of them quite old, for material on Android development.
- Android X-86 on Elvenware.
- VirtualBox on Elvenware
- Android Studio: http://bit.ly/elven-android-studio
- VirtualBox: http://bit.ly/1at2JZ2
I’ve tested this on the school computers, and it works there. Since we may not be able to install the drivers for our phones on the school machines, this could be our primary way to work at school. It also works fine for me at home, but your mileage may differ. Older versions of Android X86 work at times when this new version (KitKat) fails.
Download Android X86 4.4.2 (388 MB ISO file to install in VirtualBox):
- From the Android X86 site: http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-r2
- It’s easier to get the right version if you just download from my Google Drive.
- This is a nice walk-through of the install.
- Android X86 as OVA file on my Google Drive. Don’t download VMDK and OVF, instead, select the download button, which is an arrow pointing downwards.
Android x86 install on VirtualBox with Cordova Android App installed from Lubuntu, January 2015:
An older Elvenware video walking you through the install: